Dear Friends! (Patients of Drs Sims, Conway and Irwin)
We hope you and your loved ones are healthy and doing well. It has definitely been a time of trial and as you know we are excited about being able to get back to the office and see your lovely smiles again. We will begin regular dental services starting on June 4, 2020. We have taken some extra time for some additional training in new procedures that will be implemented for patient and staff safety.
As mentioned in our last letter we have always taken infection control very seriously at the dental office. Based on the current recommendations of the British Columbian Dental Association (BCDA), the College of Dental Surgeons of BC (CDSBC), The Office of the Provincial Health Officer (PHO), the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) and WorkSafe BC, we will be taking the following actions and changes to make sure that you and our staff remain safe:
- We have installed a new suction unit to minimize all aerosols throughout the entire office.
- All patients and staff must stay home when sick. We will gladly reschedule your appointment if you are having any symptoms.
- We will have a list of prescreening questions that must be completed prior to coming to the office.
- We have set up a virtual care option, where you can video conference with the Dentists, if your concern can be dealt with without coming in.
- We will ask that when you arrive you will wait in your car and call/text to inform us that you are here. We will let you know when we are ready for you. If you do not have a cell phone we can make arrangements with you.
- Only patients with an appointment will be allowed to enter the office. The only exception is a guardian or caregiver where necessary.
- You are welcome to wear a mask to your appointment.
- When you enter the office please use the hand sanitizer provided.
- We will confirm your screening questions when you come, take your temperature, and ask that you sign a COVID-19 Risk form, showing that you are aware of the risks of COVID-19 in the community.
- You will notice that we will no longer have toys or magazines in the waiting room.
- We have placed plexiglass barriers in the reception area, and ask that you remain behind the plexiglass when checking in or out.
- Physical distancing, keeping 2m between yourself, staff and other patients at all times, unless this is not possible (during treatment)
- Before Treatment we will ask that you rinse with a 1% Hydrogen Peroxide Solution.
- We will be using a Rubber Dam if the procedure allows.
- All of our clinical Staff will be wearing appropriate PPE.
- You will be asked to wash hands with soap and water or Hand sanitizer before leaving the treatment room.
- We will ask that you pay by contactless means if possible, We already have e-transfer and tap options.
Dr. Andrew Irwin